We went to Barcelona after Israel–not part of the MBA trip, but who knows when I will get overseas again? Barcelona is a beautiful city and I wish we had more time there…hard to get sick of Sangrias and Sun!
Sauce (all measurements eyeballed):
- Half a tin of cockles in brine
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Two shakes Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garum colatura
- Black pepper
- 2 Tsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp pan drippings from Grandma Broadbent’s breakfast sausage
1. Heat tomato and garlic paste in pan drippings till slightly runny. Add garum colatura and stir to dissolve pastes. Add cockle brine, ground black pepper, smoked paprika and simmer.
2. Boil salted water and add pasta. Cook till al dente.
3. Add red wine vinegar and let reduce for a few minutes. Then add cockles, stir a few times, and add pasta. Stir till pasta is fully cooked and then eat.